After you create a site, StackPath recommends that you verify that the integration is successful.
You can use this document to verify that files are being delivered from StackPath's edge servers.
A successfully configured integration takes your website's base HTML and points select asset references to the CDN.
This document is for static assets integration and full site integration.
Verify static assets integration
To verify a successful static assets integration:
Navigate to your website with the static assets that are configured to be delivered by the StackPath CDN.
Typically, you can navigate to your homepage; however, you can also navigate to a subdirectory or any individual asset that should be delivered.
- For Firefox or Chrome users, right click on your page, and then select View Page Source from the browser's options menu.
For Safari users, press and hold Option+Command+U on your page to open the Page Source.
For Mac users, press Command + F to open the search bar.
For Windows users, press Ctrl + F to open the search bar.
In the search bar, enter your site's edge address.
To locate your site's edge address, in the StackPath Control Portal, navigate to the desired site. In the Overview page for your site, the edge address will display in the top, right corner.
- Based on the number of static assets on the page, the browser should highlight many different areas in the page's source code.
In the page's source code, verify that your site's edge address precedes the name of the static files.
If your regular domain name is in front of the static files, then the integration was not successful. You can review StackPath CDN documentation or contact StackPath support.
Verify full site integration via DNS
Before you begin:
When you set up your full site integration via DNS records, you should have also created records that point your apex domain and www subdomain to resolve to StackPath's Anycast IP address. To verify that this action was completed, visit www.whatsmydns.net and search for the relevant DNS records. (DNS records can take up to 24 hours to propagate.)
To verify a successful full site integration:
- Navigate to the home page of your integrated website.
- For Firefox or Chrome users, right click your page, and then select Inspect Element (Firefox) or Inspect (Chrome).
For Safari users, open the browser, select the Safari drop-down menu from the menu bar, click Preferences, and then select the Advanced tab. At the bottom of the window, mark Show Develop menu in menu bar. Control+click your web page, and then select Inspect Element.
- Navigate to the Network tab and reload the web page.
- Click on any asset served by your domain. If the remote address is the same as the StackPath Anycast IP address, then you have successfully integrated your entire site through the CDN.
Troubleshoot access to your edge address
After you create a site, if you receive an error message when you attempt to access your edge address, then review the following suggestions:
|Error 404 Not Found||
|Error 502 Bad Gateway/504 Gateway Timeout||