This tutorial assumes will show you how to integrate the StackPath CDN with your website running on Social Engine. This tutorial assumes a StackPath CDN site is created.
This article will walk you through how to perform a static assets integration, which does not support the use of the StackPath Web Application Firewall (WAF). If you’re looking to maximize security by using our CDN with the WAF, please refer to the CDN & WAF integration guide.
Before you begin, we highly recommend you test the performance of your site using Google Page Speed or Pingdom Tools. You can test your site now and after setting up the plugin for a before and after performance comparison.
Enabling the Social Engine SCD Functionality
- Log into your Social Engine admin panel.
- From the top navigation menu, hover on Settings then click Global Settings.
- Scroll down to Static File Base URL.
- Enter the SCD URL in a full format. i.e: http://something.stackpathcdn.com or http://cdn.mydomain.com
- The http:// part is mandatory, use https:// if you have an SSL enabled website.
- Scroll down and click Save Settings.
To ensure you implemented the StackPath CDN correctly, you can view the source code of any page to confirm that the CDN domain is being used for static assets instead of your origin domain. You can also use tools like Pingdom, Gtmetrix, Webpagetest to obtain a more detailed report on your CDN implementation status.