A step by step guide on how to whitelist or block an IP address using the WAF by Stackpath.
Using the StackPath WAF you can whitelist or block by IP address. Whitelist or blocking a visitor is possible in one of the following two ways:
- Using the WAF Rule editor,
- Using the IP Firewall.
IP whitelist and block rules will be displayed on both tabs (Custom Rules and Firewall) for ease of use.
Using the WAF Rule editor:
- Navigate to Sites > Website Domain > EdgeRules
- Select Add WAF Rule
- Add the rule name then select IP or IP Range from the available rules scopes and enter the IP or IP range you want to whitelist or block
- From the action dropdown, select the desired action (Allow or Block)
More actions are available when using the custom rule editor (e.g. Captcha, Monitor, and JS Validation), to learn more about creating complex rules click here.
Using the IP Firewall editor:
The IP Firewall was added to simplify the process for whitelisting and blocking IP and IP Ranges.
Rules that are created VIA the IP Firewall will also be displayed on the Custom Rules tab.
- Go to the WAF site you want to create the rule for
- Go to the Firewall tab on the top menu bar
- Click the Add IP button or add IP or IP ranges to the whitelist or block IP list
StackPath's plans include a number of WAF custom rules available (vary based on the plan), firewall rules are not counted as custom rules and are free for any plan that includes the StackPath WAF product.