The StackPath offers a free custom SSL certificate to help protect your web traffic through your primary StackPath delivery domain. This article will show you how to request and validate the Free StackPath SSL Certificate.
Setting up SSL
- Login to the StackPath Control Panel
- Select CDN on the left side navigation
- Navigate to the Origin Settings tab and ensure the Delivery Domain is present
- Log into your DNS management and create or edit the CNAME record for your desired subdomain to point it at the StackPath CDN URL for your Site
- Return to the CDN Settings and request the free SSL from the Edge SSL tab
- You will be prompted to add a new CNAME record to your DNS account with the provided values
This is an automatic process if you have already integrated the StackPath DNS.
- Upon creating the CNAME, your request will be checked for verification and final CA Signing and should show as trusted within a few minutes
StackPath SSL certificates are generated for 90 days at a time and automatically renewed 30 days before expiration.