General CDN Solution for OpenCart is a paid web extension that helps web administrators manage content caching inside the OpenCart CMS.
This article will walk you through the most simple Static Assets Integration. To get the most out of StackPath (WAF and DDoS protection) you will need to use a Full Site Integration
Before you begin, it is highly recommended that you test the performance of your site using Google Page Speed or Pingdom Tools. You can test your site now and after setting up the plugin for a before and after performance comparison.
This tutorial assumes you've already gone through the steps to create a StackPath Site.
1.Download the General CDN Solution extension
2. Login into your OpenCart admin panel
- 2.1 Go to Extensions -> Installer
- 2.2 Upload your General CDN Solution extension
3. Go to Extensions -> Extensions and under modules find Opencart CDN and click on Install(+)
4. Once installed, Select Edit
- 4.1 Set status for General and CDN for SSL to Enabled
- 4.2 Add your Edge Address or custom Delivery Domain to the custom domain in theme resources.
- 4.3 Check Yes for CDN Delivers Images, CDN Delivers JS and CDN Delivers CSS
- 4.4 Save your settings
5. Under Extensions -> Modifications and in the right top corner click on the refresh button
After following these steps you will have successfully integrated CDN in your OpenCart CMS.
Test Speed and SEO After Integration
To ensure you implemented the StackPath CDN correctly, you can view the source code of any page to confirm that the CDN domain is being used for static assets instead of your origin domain. You can also use tools like Pingdom to obtain a more detailed report on your CDN implementation status.
Feel free to take a look at these articles for some possible next steps with your CDN Integration: