The guide will assume that you already have a StackPath Object Storage bucket setup and are ready to connect that bucket to the StackPath CDN. If you do not already have a bucket created, check out our Getting Started with Object Storage page.
StackPath's Object Storage service enables customers to store, manage, and serve files remotely without the need for a personally managed server. Adding the StackPath CDN service in front of an Object Storage Bucket enables substantially quicker retrieval times on frequently accessed files and guarantees no matter where you access your bucket from, pull times experience the full benefit of the StackPath network.
StackPath does not charge for egress from Object Storage or ingress for CDN, which means all content retrievals from StackPath Object Storage to the CDN are free of charge. Please note that delivery from the CDN to end-users will count toward your CDN bandwidth allocation.
Configuring your Bucket
Bucket URLs are case sensitive. If a bucket has any uppercase letters, be sure to remain consistent with these in your Host header and Origin Address.
To enable use with CDN, WAF, or EdgeEngine, Object Storage buckets must be configured for public access. Further restraints can be placed on your bucket with EdgeRules like URL Signing or IP Whitelist/Blacklist.
- Navigate to the Bucket by selecting Object Storage from the left-hand navigation bar.
- The fourth column in the bucket list is Visibility and it specifies Private or Public. Every bucket is provisioned by default with Visibility set to Private.
- If the bucket is already public, proceed to the next step. Otherwise, select Edit, Change the Visibility state to Public and Save your changes.
- Now that the bucket is publicly available, the Site created during the next step have the needed access. For the next step, save the Bucket URL for the bucket.
Create your Site
The next step in this process is to create a Site that will connect to the Object Storage bucket as the Site Origin. Please make sure you have the Bucket URL available.
- Select Sites > Create Site
- Enter the Domain you would like StackPath to serve content under, and select the services you would like to use. StackPath's Object Storage can work with any or all of CDN, WAF, and EdgeEngine.
- Find the Bucket URL under Object Storage > Select the bucket > Bucket URL > Copy
- Paste the StackPath Bucket URL in the Hostname/IP address field when creating a CDN Site
- Once the Site has been created successfully select Continue.
- The site will deploy with a Host Header that matches the Domain entered in step 2. Since the Object Storage expects a particular Host Header, be sure to change this before proceeding. Under your Site > Settings > Origin > Host Header click Add Custom
- Change the Host Header to the StackPath Bucket URL
Congratulations, your StackPath bucket content is now accessible over HTTP or HTTPS from your Site's Edge Address. Assets placed in Object Storage can be pulled and cached on the CDN from your Bucket, using
For any questions related to StackPath Object Storage Buckets, please contact our 24x7 support team via chat or through email@example.com.