This article shows how to configure DNS with 123Reg to begin using StackPath for CDN and/or WAF delivery.
If you would like to use a CMS Plugin for CDN Delivery, please view this article. Please note that using a plugin for CDN delivery, you will not be able to use the StackPath WAF to protect your origin server or website.
Update 123Reg Records to use StackPath CDN/WAF
With all of the preparation complete, the final step for a Full-Site Integration is to adjust DNS records to resolve the domain(s) to StackPath. This can be done via StackPath DNS (if the nameservers were already migrated); or via the current DNS provider, if not using StackPath DNS.
- Log in to your 123-reg control panel
- Select your domain name using the drop-down menu and then click on the Manage button.
- On the Manage domain page, scroll down to the Advanced domain settings menu and click Manage DNS
- Now click on the Advanced DNS tab.
- Using the drop-down menu, select CNAME.
- Adjust the record for the WWW subdomain to be a CNAME Record that resolves to the Edge Address provided.
- It is also recommended to point the apex domain to the anycast IP of the Edge Address in order to protect the real server IP from being discovered.
This step should be completed with an ANAME record or through Domain Shortening if offered by your DNS provider, as StackPath's anycast IP is subject to change at any time.
To confirm the Anycast IP you can search the A record of your Edge Address using www.whatsmydns.net
For more information on setting up a Full Site Integration, please check this article
StackPath is here to help you along the way. If you have any questions or experience any issues, please reach out to us.