You can use this document to learn how to create API credentials. To use the StackPath API system, you must first generate API credentials.
Generate API credentials
- In the StackPath Control Portal, in the top, right corner, select your username.
- In the drop-down menu, select API Management.
- Click Generate Credentials.
- In Name, enter a descriptive name, and then click Save.
- A Client ID and API Client Secret will display.
- Keep this information in a safe place for future use.
- These credentials can be used to control any products within the account via API.
- API credentials generated by the root user provide full access to the account, whereas credentials generated by a non-root user are limited to the access they currently have, unless further extended by the root user.
- The API Client Secret cannot be regenerated. If you lose this information, you will need to regenerate an API credential.