The StackPath API allows for greater control and versatility when managing and integrating products at the edge. Before taking advantage of the API, credentials must first be generated within the StackPath Portal.
- Log in to the StackPath Portal.
- Select API Management from the dropdown menu in the top right.
- Select Generate Credentials.
- Provide a name for the credentials access, and click Save.
- A Client ID and API Client Secret will be presented. These should be copied someplace safe for future reference. Credentials will have to be regenerated if the API Client Secret is lost!
API credentials generated by the root user provide full access to the account, whereas credentials generated by a non-root user are limited to the access they currently have, unless further extended by the root user. Be aware of the control that comes with API credential access!
These credentials can now be used to control any products within the account via API. If assistance is needed to get started using the API, or for further API documentation, please visit the StackPath Developer Portal or reach out to us in support chat, we're happy to help 24/7.