This article shows how to migrate Nameservers from GoDaddy to StackPath DNS so that you can use StackPath as your DNS provider. Please ensure you have already purchased StackPath DNS services before following this article.
Once you have duplicated your existing DNS records on the StackPath portal, it is now time to point your domain registrar to the StackPath Name Servers.
When you're ready to have traffic directed to StackPath DNS servers, please follow these steps.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- On your product list next to Domains, click the drop-down to expand the list.
- Next to the domain you want to configure, click DNS.
- At the bottom of the Records section, under Name Servers, click Change and confirm.
- Enter/paste the new Name Server entries and click Save.
- Click Save.
Please note that it could take up to 24 hours for your Name Servers to globally propagate. We recommend a third party tool to check your DNS status: What's my DNS?
Enter your domain into the search box and change the record type to NS. Press Search and verify that all locations list the StackPath name servers you filed with your registrar. If they do, your site is all set. Now any changes you make in the StackPath portal will be reflective on your live site.
For more information on setting up StackPath DNS and adding zones and DNS records please check this article