This article shows how to migrate Nameservers from 123 Reg to StackPath DNS so that you can use StackPath as your DNS provider. Please ensure you have already purchased StackPath DNS services before following this article.
Once you have duplicated your existing DNS records on the StackPath portal, it is now time to point your domain registrar to the StackPath Name Servers.
When you're ready to have traffic directed to StackPath DNS servers, please follow these steps.
- Log in to your 123-reg control panel.
- Have a look in the Domains section.
- Select your domain name using the drop-down menu and then click on the Manage button.
- On the Manage domain page, scroll down to the Advanced domain settings menu and click Change Nameservers.
- Enter/ paste the new Name Server entries and click Update.
Please note that it could take up to 24 hours for your Name Servers to globally propagate. We recommend a third-party tool to check your DNS status: What's my DNS?
Enter your domain into the search box and change the record type to NS. Press Search and verify that all locations list the StackPath name servers you filed with your registrar. If they do, your site is all set. Now any changes you make in the StackPath portal will be reflective on your live site.
For more information on setting up StackPath DNS and adding zones and DNS records please check this article