Media Cloud is a plugin that can be used to offload media and image files from a WordPress server to an object storage bucket without having to change the URLs to match the path of the Bucket. This method of uploading files to your Bucket prevents you from having to manually recode and upload each individual URL. This tutorial will explain how this can all be accomplished within your WordPress admin dashboard.
This tutorial assumes you have already created a Bucket.
Installing Media Cloud
- Navigate to the Plugins section on the left-hand side of your WordPress admin panel and select Add New.
- Search for Media Cloud select Install Now, then Activate.
Configuring Media Cloud Settings
- Open the Setup Wizard.
- Select S3 Compatible.
- Fill in the requested information:
- Access Key: This is generated in your portal.
- Secret: This was generated along with the Access Key, but is not stored by StackPath.
- Bucket: Enter the Bucket name (test-01 is the name we are using for this example).
- Region: Select the region you chose for your Bucket.
- Custom Endpoint: Enter your Endpoint URL.
- Test the settings to make sure the info entered is correct.
- If there are any error messages present once this has been completed, resolve them, then perform a System Check to make sure everything is working properly.
- That's it! Now you're ready to start uploading images to your Bucket.
Upload New Images
- To upload new images to your Bucket via Media Cloud, navigate to the Media Library menu on the left-hand side of your WordPress admin panel.
- Add your media to WordPress by selecting Add New.
- That's it! Any new images that are added in this manner will automatically be uploaded to your Bucket. You can verify this by selecting the Cloud icon on the right and checking the URL.
Upload Existing Images
- If you already have existing media on your WordPress instance within the Media Library and want to upload them to your Bucket, navigate to the Media Cloud tab on the left-hand side of your WordPress admin panel.
- Select Migrate to Cloud, then Import Uploads.
- Done! Your images are now stored in your Bucket. You can verify this by selecting the Cloud icon next to an image in your Media Library and checking the URL.
If you have any questions about the content of this article, please feel free to reach out to the Support Team for assistance, we're available 24/7 for your convenience.