Custom Pages are a feature of our Professional and Enterprise WAF Packages that allow you to create custom WAF sanction screens outside of the StackPath defaults. When a sanction is taken by the WAF, it generates a response or status page that is displayed to the user.
StackPath provides default templates of several such pages which are used in case of a sanction. In many cases, there is a need to personalize the sanction page by providing the option to add additional details (such as contact information).
For more on our default sanction screens, please see our Sanction Screens article.
Below is a list of sanction screens that are provided by StackPath which can be customized:
- Cross-site request forgery (CSRF)
- Enable Cookies
Viewing Your Pages
There are two ways in which you can access your Custom Pages and Sets:
- By selecting Custom Pages under the Stack Features section in the Dashboard.
- By selecting the Custom Pages tab at the top of the page in your site's WAF settings.
Regardless of how you navigate to your Custom Pages, you will still maintain the ability to view, create, edit or delete any pages and/or sets.
Creating a New Page Set
Creating a Custom Page Set allows you to display various messages to your viewers based on which sites they are navigating to. You can create up to 6 Custom Page Sets.
To create a new Custom Page Set, follow the directions below:
- Click on Create Custom Page Set in the top right corner of the Custom Page Sets page. A popup message will appear to remind you of the additional fees that you may incur based on your WAF Package level. Click Create to continue or Cancel to go back.
- Choose a unique name for your Custom Page Set to easily identify it in the portal from your other sets, including the StackPath default set. You may use up to 50 characters for this name. We will use New Set as our name for this example. Once you enter a name, click Continue to Pages.
- In this section, you will be creating the Custom Pages within your new set. You do not have to customize all 6 of the available page types. You can customize any of the page types as needed.
- For any page type that is not customized, the StackPath default sanction screen will be used in its place.
- Select Create Page to create a new custom page.
- Select the Page Type you want to customize from the drop-down menu.
- Enter a Browser Title. This is the title that will appear in the browser tab when a user receives this WAF screen. You may use up to 60 characters for this title.
- Enter a Page Title. This is the message header that will appear on the sanction screen page. You may use up to 62 characters for this title.
- Enter your Page Message. This message will be displayed on the custom screen page below the page title.
- (Optional) Upload a logo or graphic to be displayed on your custom page. This image will be displayed above the Page Title. If you do not upload an image, then the StackPath default image will be applied.
- Image requirements: png, svg, or jpg with the dimensions of 460px by 130 px, 24KB maximum
- Click on Preview Page to review your selections.
- Make sure that the Page Active Status is set to ON. Otherwise, the page type will NOT be available for use on any sites and the StackPath default sanction screens will be used instead.
- Click Save Page when you are ready to continue.
- You will be brought back to the Custom Page Sets page where you will see your newly created Custom Page Set. In our example below, we applied our new Page Set named New Set to one of our sites.
Applying Page Sets to Other Sites
An existing page set can always be applied to any of your sites at a later time. To apply an existing page set to a new site:
- From the Custom Page Sets page, click the 3 dots next to the name of the page set you would like to apply to your site(s). Then click Select Sites.
- A list of your sites will pop up on the right side of the page. Click the checkbox next to the all of sites you would like to apply this page set to. Then click Save Selection.
- A message will pop up to inform you that this new page set will override any other page set the selected sites are currently using. Click Confirm to continue.
Editing an Existing Page
You can always edit an existing page in a page set, which will apply to all sites using that set. To make changes to your existing Custom Pages in a Page Set:
- Click the drop-down arrow to open up the list of pages within your set.
- Click the three dots next to the Active Status column and select Edit Page.
- A panel on the right side of the screen will open up that will allow you to make changes to the existing page.
- When you are finished making your changes, click Save Page.
Please keep in mind the Page Active Status button, as that determines whether or not the page is active and visible to your users.
Deleting a Page Set
When deleting a page set, any sites that are currently using the set will automatically revert back to the default set. Page set deletions are not reversible, so we recommend proceeding with caution.
- From the Custom Page Sets page, click the 3 dots next to the page set you'd like to delete.
- Click Delete Set. A message warning that screen deletions cannot be undone will appear on the page. Click Confirm to continue.